I know I should probably wait for a more suitable time to post this, but I just finished watching The Graduate for the first time and I’m in awe. So I’m not going to wait. How I went this long without seeing it baffles me - I am a shameful college film major.
No recent film has had this effect on me. The shots were beautiful and meaningful - each scene served a very specific purpose and was well composed. I was severely impressed with the sound design. The end scene may be one of the most powerful acting achievements I’ve ever seen - it was dually simple, and yet complex.
Not to mention the soundtrack was done by Simon & Garfunkel! What a dream.
I might add more thoughts to this later. I’m not sure. Wow!
27 Notes/ Hide
- brewgiehowser likes this
- scrappingandyelling reblogged this from endlesslywatchingfilms and added:
- francoquette likes this
- buckteef reblogged this from endlesslywatchingfilms
- winterkatexo likes this
- listumblng likes this
- m41d3nk likes this
- jhermann likes this
- dontcookbilly reblogged this from michelleinspace and added:
- berenzero likes this
- seanreidy likes this
- seanblr likes this
- empirelives likes this
- empirelives reblogged this from michelleinspace
- bidibi likes this
- michelleinspace reblogged this from endlesslywatchingfilms and added:
- doggdaze reblogged this from endlesslywatchingfilms
- axon-axoff likes this
- majoflowers likes this
- hollowviews reblogged this from endlesslywatchingfilms
- chrisdmendez likes this
- thetattooedmezzosoprano likes this
- ragingbitchfest reblogged this from inconsistent-ramblings and added:
- inconsistent-ramblings reblogged this from endlesslywatchingfilms
- endlesslywatchingfilms posted this