In preparation for The Avengers this week, I watched Iron Man and Captain America on Saturday - I’ve never seen either. Also, my opinions are based solely on the films because I have never read these comic books.
I was surprised by my reaction but I really enjoyed Captain America! And really did not enjoy Iron Man. I’m not sure if it’s because I just don’t like Robert Downey, Jr., but Iron Man just didn’t do it for me. I know it’s kind of impossible for superhero movies to be “grounded” but I appreciated Captain America’s story a bit more. The underdog who was genuinely a good person was given a chance to be great, and he was! It felt more real to me. I kind of hated CA’s costume, but at least it looked more rugged and real than the graphics I’ve seen.
Also, who the heck was that actress who played Peggy Carter and how can I become a BAMF like her?
12 Notes/ Hide
- fliipp said: You have to watch Iron Man 2!
- captain-eats said: HOW DID YOU NOT LIKE IRON MAN????
- johaupt likes this
- mrjotz likes this
- mrjotz said: I first saw Hayley Atwell, who played Peggy, in the remake of TV mini-series “The Prisoner” and subsequently in the mini-series of Pillars of the Earth. She also plays a small part in Woody Allen’s “Cassandra’s Dream”.
- grizzliestbear said: You don’t like Iron Man? I’m sorry, but we can no longer be friends…
- lovetheraphy likes this
- danisdapper said: hayley atwell
- josephph said: Also, do check out The Incredible Hulk, even though Edward Norton isn’t playing Bruce in The Avengers, the story is still connected to the other movies.
- halphillips likes this
- browncoatbynight said: I felt the opposite. But you should check out Thor. Thor is the bizz.
- michelleinspace posted this